Shredded Beef or Chicken Fajitas

Ingredients
1 quart of home pressure canned beef, chicken or pork (including liquid)
Fajita Seasoning Mix (see below)
 
Instructions
Discard the fat in the bottle. Shred the meat into a saucepan or *preheated slow cooker. Add Fajita Seasoning Mix to taste. Heat and serve over tortillas, over a bed of lettuce or as Nacho's with toppings.
 
*When I use a slow cooker or Crockpot, I start about an hour before I am ready to fill. I turn the appliance on high and fill the stoneware with the hottest water from my tap. When almost time to serve, I pour out the hot water into my soak bin. Then I fill the already hot crock with the shredded meat and stir in the seasoning mix. I leave the appliance on high for an hour and then turn down to low to keep the mixture warm.

Fajita Seasoning Mix
1 tablespoon Ultra Gel powder
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon The Spice Hunter Grill Shakers Roasted Garlic Seasoning Blend
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon crushed chicken bouillon cube
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon cumin

No comments:

Post a Comment