Zucchini Pasta with Creamy Spinach Pesto

I have always like the swap of grated zucchini for pasta. I don't notice a difference in taste or texture.

Dev had a great dinner prepared the other day that included a recipe she had found for spinach pesto pasta. She let me taste it and there was only one word for it - Yum.

I decided to try it with the zucchini for pasta swap. I made up a whole recipe of the spinach pesto. Since I was only making a single serving I only used a couple of tablespoons of the pesto, one swiss wedge and one medium zucchini for the pasta. It was so filling and yummy that the next morning I grated another zucchini and had it for breakfast.

The pesto is fine refrigerated but I think the zucchini might miss something so it's probably a good idea to grate the zucchini as needed.


Zucchini Pasta with Creamy Spinach Pesto
Serves 4

Ingredients
1/4 tablespoon salt
4 1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic
4 medium zucchini
4 wedges Laughing Cow light creamy swiss
8 tablespoons grated Parmesan

Directions
Process salt, spinach, olive oil and garlic in a food processor.
Wash, dry and grate zucchini.
Microwave zucchini on high for 1 minute.
Blot any excess moisture from zucchini.
While the zucchini is still quite hot combine with the swiss.
Dish up the zucchini.

Top each serving with 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan.
Reheat each serving 20 seconds if needed.

Serve hot.


I didn't know how to measure the spinach so I really shoved it into the measuring cup. When making it I was a little turned off by the baby food consistency and even the color. But once it's on the zucchini (or pasta if that's what you go with) you don't notice anything except the yummy flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment